Mets Cake






We would first like to say that we are both huge Yankees fans!!!! hehe. I made this cake for my mother-in-law who is one of the biggest Mets fans I know. She watches all the games and anyone who knows her can tell you; she is all about the Mets. She came here 35 years ago from Argentina and lived in Queens. That is when her love affair began. I knew I had to make her a Mets cake and I wanted it to be great, just like her.
I decided to make the cake two tiered because I knew I wanted the Mets symbol on the top of the top layer. I printed a picture of the Mets logo from the computer and traced it onto parchment paper. I then used a toothpick to cut it out into the fondant. This part of the cake took a long time since there was so much detail with each building and then making the city scape 3D and also with the Mets name. I cut out stars and used tips #1, 2 and 3 for the baseball stitching, bridge and writing. I used tip #18 for the stars around the middle and bottom of cake. I used buttercream icing. To make the orange Mets color, I used white marshmallow fondant and tinted it using yellow and no taste red. To get the color of the blue, I used royal blue and black. This cake was a blast to make and it was even better to see how happy it made my mother-in-law. We can't wait till our next cake!

Sharing our passion for experimenting with cakes, cupcakes and cookies.